Are you good at telling jokes?
Match the following questions and answers to make jokes.
1. Why were the early days of history called the dark ages? a The Cs are.
2. Which famous French general stepped on a land mine? b Sir Cumference!
3. Why is an archaeologist never successful? c He was an arkitect!
4. Who was the greatest robber in history? d Napoleon Blownapart!
5. What native American tribe has the most lawyers? e Atlas, he held up the whole world!
7. Who was the famous Mongolian who conquered nothing? g That was an arrow escape!
8. Who invented King Arthur's round table? h Genghis Khan't.
9. What did Noah do for a job? i Because there were so many knights!
10. What did the Sheriff of Nottingham say when j Because his Robin Hood fired at him? career lies in ruins.
1 i 6a
Each joke depends on a play on words. Which jokes rely on homophones (homophone - a word which is pronounced the same as another word but has a different meaning or a different spelling or both)
and homonyms (homonym - a word that sounds the same or is spelled the same as another word but has a different meaning) for their humour?